Trimix Injection Therapy
Trimix Injection Therapy is a well-tolerated and effective way for men with erectile dysfunction to obtain an erection.
Men with erectile dysfunction have been using injection therapy for a long time - over 30 years.
Men inject their penis with a medicine that causes an increase in blood flow to the penis thereby allowing an erection to occur.
Who is a candidate for Trimix Injection Therapy?
What is the medicine used in Trimix Injection Therapy?
4. Remove the plastic cap from the needle. Make sure nothing touches the needle. If something touches the needle (table, countertop, hand) you must throw away the syringe and use a new clean and sterile syringe.
4. “Tap” the syringe 3 or 4 times with your finger to release potential air bubbles then push the plunger to the prescribed dose (15 units). You will see some medicine escaping the tip of the needle which is fine.
5. Carefully replace the plastic cap over the needle.
Choosing Injection Site
Injecting the Medicine
11. Push down on the plunger to inject the medicine into the shaft of your
12. Quickly remove the needle then set the needle and syringe aside.
13. Apply pressure to the injection site for 3-5 minutes using the alcohol
swab. Your thumb is on the injection site and your index finger is on the
opposite side of your penis.
14. Place the syringe in a sharps container.
It is important to remember the needle may:
Priapism is an erection that lasts too long. Priapism is a rigid and painful erection lasting 3 or 4 hours. This is a medical emergency. Because your penis is rigid it is not allowing fresh blood to enter the penis which means your penis is not getting oxygen. This lack of oxygen can damage the penis and cause permanent erectile dysfunction. If this occurs go to the nearest emergency department to have your erection reversed.